Teniya Morant, or Niya as most people call her, is Ja Morant’s only sister. Ja Morant is the point guard for the Memphis Grizzlies.
One of the best players in the NBA, Ja has been in the limelight for quite a long time. After the recent gun violence in a strip club, the NBA star was in the news for all the wrong reasons.
Teniya has already been a basketball star in high school. At 5-foot-4, she has impressed everyone on the court. Niya comes from a very athletic family. Both of her parents used to play basketball, so the sport comes naturally to her.
Who is the sister of Ja Morant?
Teniya Morant is Ja Morant’s only sibling and Jamie and Tee Morant’s only daughter. Niya was born on February 16, 2005, and she grew up in Dalzell, SC. Her basketball career began when she was in middle school at Dalzell’s Hillcrest Middle School.
Later, she moved to Germantown, Tennessee, where she went to Houston High School and played as a point guard. Fans have noticed Niya’s great skills on the court and long-range shots, which have already made her famous online.
Teniya’s brother Ja is five years older than she is, but the two are very close. Ja goes to all of his sister’s basketball games and encourages her to do well. Last Valentine’s Day, the point guard for the Grizzlies gave his brother a Jeep Wrangler.
Also Read: Xavier Cooks (Basketball Player): Net Worth 2023, NBA Salary, Washington Wizards Contract, Family And More
Does Teniya Morant play basketball?
Jamie and Tee Morant, who are Teniya’s parents, both played basketball in high school and college. Teniya’s father has been her coach since she was a child, so it was no surprise that she took to the sport and did well at it.
Standing at five feet and four inches, Teniya Morant’s decent height has not come as a hurdle in her career. She is known for being a good shooter, and her shots from far away are beautiful to see. Fans have acclaimed the lady point guard for her exceptional skills on the court and many have even tipped her off for the WNBA.
Teniya Morant’s Basketball Future
The talented point guard posted on Twitter on January 30, 2023, that she had been offered a scholarship at SWAC member Mississippi Valley State. Teniya’s scholarship offer came from MVSC, which is the first Division I school to do so.
We might soon see another Morant from the class of 2023 dominate college basketball, and who knows, maybe even the WNBA. Fans are keeping an eye on the younger Morant sibling until then.
Also Read: From Hero to Zero: Ja Morant Arrest and Suspension Shocks Fans and Leaves the NBA Reeling
What does the sister of Ja Morant do for a living?
Teniya Morant is a basketball player and an athlete. She has said that she loves basketball very much and doesn’t just play it for fun. She wants to make a name for herself in the world of American basketball.
She also wants to play in the WNBA and beat her brother’s skills. Niya has said that she works hard every day to improve her basketball skills so that she can make this dream come true.
Teniya Morant goes to Houston High School in Germantown, Texas. She is on the Houston Girls’ basketball team and plays basketball there. She said that she works hard to improve her basketball skills, which is different from most of the other girls on the team.
She also said that she likes to play with the boys because she thinks they give her more competition. She thinks that if she can beat a boy, she can also beat a girl.
But Teniya didn’t want to train with her dad because she felt put down by the team’s coach, who she said was ignoring her. Instead, she quit the school’s basketball team.
Teniya Morant, Ja Morant’s sister, also plays basketball
Morant is one of the most athletic players in the NBA. He is 6 feet 3 inches tall. But his sister is a lot shorter. Even though Teniya Morant is 5-3, she has still found ways to beat her opponents.
On January 31, 2023, Ja Morant’s sister told him that Mississippi Valley State had given her a scholarship. Since she’s been so good on the floor, this isn’t a big surprise.
Even though Teniya hasn’t decided yet where she will play basketball and go to school, it will be interesting to watch her. Teniya is more than just Ja Morant’s sister, and she is trying to make a name for herself.
You might also like: A closer look at Ja Morant’s family photos and his childhood: Who is close to the Grizzlies player who has been in trouble?
During a few games, the young basketball star wore Ja 1’s, the shoes that her brother made famous. Morant is a point guard, and her jersey says “1.”
Teniya Morant’s personal life
She was born on February 16, 2005. She is the only child of Tee and Jamie Morant and is Ja Morant’s sister. The young basketball star and her family grew up in Dalzell, South Carolina.
Tee has helped both Teniya and Ja work out, and he has had a big impact on both of them.
Teniya has also talked about how great her brother is at basketball. But she doesn’t want to be constantly compared to the Memphis Grizzlies star player.
Teniya will have to work hard to make her own name, but she can do it. Given how great she has been so far, it’s likely that she’ll have a successful career.
Ja Morant: Education
Before Crestwood High School let Jamel in, he went to a local middle school. He was the best player on his school’s team, which won a number of local titles with him in charge. Ja Morant also competed in other sports while schooling and won several.
The player was not tall in high school. At 15, Ja Morant was between 5’3 and 5’9 when he played his first year of varsity basketball. Because of how tall he was, Jamel was well-known at his college.
He grew so quickly that most of his teammates were now taller than he was. Morant was voted Player of the Year during his time as an undergraduate, which helped him get considered for the 2019 NBA draught.
Who is Ja Morant?
Ja Morant is an American basketball player who also goes by the name Temetrius Jamel “Ja” Morant. As of 2023, Ja Morant has a $7 million net worth. He is a player for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He went to Murray State University. As a sophomore in 2019, he was named to the first team of All-Americans by every coach.
He was drafted second overall by the Grizzlies in the 2019 NBA draught and was crowned NBA Rookie of the Year in 2020. Even though Morant was named All-Region Most Valuable Player three times and was named All-State, he was not ranked by recruiting services.
Ja Morant is 23 years old as of 2023. He was born on August 10, 1999. He was born and raised in Dalzell, South Carolina, USA, in a middle-class Christian family. He is an American and a Christian.
He finished his early education at the Crestwood High School in Sumter, South Carolina, USA. After that, he went to the United States and joined the Murray State Men’s Basketball Program. From the start of his childhood, sports and other extracurricular activities were more interesting to him than schoolwork.
Ja Morant: High School Career
Morant was born to Tee and Jamie Morant in Dalzell, South Carolina. Jamie, his mother, was a point guard in high school and a softball player in college. His father, who played basketball for Claflin University, played with Ray Allen in high school.
After playing semi-professionally, Tee thought about becoming a professional basketball player overseas. However, when his wife got pregnant with Ja, he gave up his dream and became a barber instead.
I need some more upfront 🗣️ @Powerade_US now with 50% More Electrolytes #MoreElectrolytes #Sponsored pic.twitter.com/RQ5eTGUMi3
— Ja Morant (@JaMorant) March 1, 2023
Morant trained in his backyard with his father, Tee Morant. His father taught him step-back jump shots and bought him tractor tyres so he could practise jumping and landing softly. When he was young, he often played against older kids. He told his mother, “I’m not afraid of the big kids.”
Morant played for the South Carolina Hornets, a small team from Columbia, South Carolina, in the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) circuit. Zion Williamson, who became one of the best players in his class, was on his team for one season.
Ja Morant: Collage Career
- Morant’s first game for Murray State was on November 10, 2017, against Brescia University of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. He scored 7 points and had 11 assists, which was the most on his team. Murray State won 118–61. (NAIA).
- He got his first double-double on December 12, 2017, in a 69–55 loss to Saint Louis. He had 10 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists.
- He got his first triple-double on December 28. In an 80–52 win over Eastern Illinois, he scored 11 points, grabbed 10 rebounds, and gave out 14 assists. It was the second triple-double in school history. The first one was done by Isacc Miles in 1984. It also broke the record for most assists at a CFSB Center game, which was set by Aubrey Reese in 1999 against Alabama State.
- Morant had the third most assists of any Murray State player in a single game. On February 1, 2018, against Southeast Missouri State, he scored a season-high 23 points.
- Morant was named first-team All-OVC and OVC All-Newcomer Team after averaging 12.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 6.3 assists per game. His teammates Jonathan Stark and Terrell Miller were also named to the first-team All-OVC.
- His 6.3 assists per game in his first season put him 14th in the country. He is the seventh freshman in the last 25 years to get at least 42 percent of his shots from the field and have at least 150 assists, 150 rebounds, and 10 blocks.
- Morant and Murray State made it to the NCAA Tournament in Morant’s freshman year after beating Belmont 68–51 to win the OVC title. In that game, Morant had 15 points, 5 assists, and 5 boards. Murray State would lose to West Virginia in the first round, 85-68, even though Morant scored 14 points.
Ja Morant: Professional Career
The Memphis Grizzlies picked Morant with the second pick in the 2019 NBA draught. On July 2, 2019, he signed a $39.6 million deal with the Grizzlies for four years. Morant played his first game in the NBA on October 23, 2019.
He started against the Miami Heat and had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, and a block in a 101–120 loss. On November 13, he had his first double-double of his career, scoring 23 points and giving out 11 assists. He also made the game-winning layup in a 117–115 win over the Charlotte Hornets.
He got his first triple-double in a 106–99 win over the Washington Wizards on February 9, 2020. Morant was chosen to play in the 2019–20 Rising Stars Game.
During the 2019–20 season, Morant led all rookies in points scored (1,138) and assists (7.1 per game on average) (17.8 points per game). He was named NBA Rookie of the Year and made the NBA All-Rookie First Team at the end of the season.
Morant had 44 points, nine assists, two rebounds, and two steals in a 131–119 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on December 23, 2020. This was his career high at the time.
Ja Morant: Facts
- Temetrius Jamel Morant, who is 20 years old, has a girlfriend named KK Dixon (Instagram Personality).
- The child, a daughter named Kaari J., was born on August 7, 2019. The baby came two months earlier than expected and was then taken to an intensive care unit.
- In the beginning of his career, Morant won Southeast Missouri State on February 1, 2018, and was named to the first team of All-OVC and the OVC All-Newcomer Team.
- He was also one of 20 players invited to Chris Paul’s Elite Guard Camp, which he thought was a big deal.
- How tall is Ja Morant? With a height of 6′ 3″, he is tall, thin, and muscular (191 cm).
- The athlete has a very fast metabolism and weighs about 174 pounds (79 Kg).
- In a game against Missouri State on November 24, 2018, the player had a season-high 13 rebounds, 29 points, and 12 assists.
- So, he became the first player at Murray State to ever have more than one triple-double.
- On January 19, 2019, nine days after that, he scored more points than ever before in his career.
- In a win over SIU Edwardsville, Temetrius Jamel scored 40 points, had 11 assists, and stole 5 balls.
1. What is Ja’s number on the team?
Ans: Ja has the number 12 on his jersey. When he plays for the Memphis Grizzlies, he wears the jersey.
2. Why didn’t Morat’s dad, Tee, play basketball anymore?
Ans: Tee used to be on the basketball team at Claflin University. But when his wife got pregnant, he stopped working and stayed home to take care of her and become a barber.
Read More: Who Is NBA Star Jalen Suggs Younger Sister Jennica Suggs? Some Facts To Know About Her